The Fountain of is located beside the Cathedral choir. It is first mentioned in records dating from 1394 as the fountain of the cattle market located in front of the former town hall, where it remained until 1840.
The twelve-sided limestone basin dates from 1840; the date of the original basin (1548) is found on one of the basin's rectangular panels. The spouts are probably from 1758. The shaft is decorated with garlands from which hang skulls and hourglasses; the composite capital is decorated with music-making cherubs and grotesque masks. The bearded man in armour symbolizes bravery; with a lion-muzzle helmet on his head and a sword in one hand, he is ready for action. At his feet is an angry lion.