Number 11 of the historical tour
The first members of the reformed church came to Romont at the beginning of the 19th century. They quickly acquired a parish house. The building dates back to the Middle Ages. A sculpture from 1539 bears witness to its occupation by a monastic order. The house may have belonged to the Fille-Dieu Abbey. The building was rebuilt in the 18th century but numerous Gothic elements were retained.The Protestant vicarage was renovated in 2015.
Just before the reformed chapel, the only hospital ever to have welcomed people in good health only was located at rue de l’Eglise 74, another was built in the neighboring village of Billens.
The chapel can be visited on request.